Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Was giving eighteen-year-olds the right to vote a mistake?

Being in a democratic country every one has the right to vote. But what makes a person to understand the value of the power he is given? Definitely the level of mental maturity comes to the scene and this makes the person more wise and think how to use the power. At this point, the age also counts. For example, if you have to plan your days work schedule, a boy with about 18 years of age and a person with 22 years of age will think differently and they plan accordingly. But what is the main difference that you will come across between these two persons? Its going to be their level of maturity that counts again. When you are at home, your parents will think about your future and they will plan every thing for you. Her we wont say anything against them because we think that, they will judge the situation in a more better way.

The same thing comes to picture when it is the case of a nation. To be practical you need to more careful, because the social conditions and every thing prevailing definitely influence your way of life.

In my view, giving right to vote for eighteen years old is a mistake. I think it should be increased. This is done by the politicians for their own use. If the age is decreased the number of people who vote increases and politician takes most use of this.
In our country most of the population is situated in rural areas and most of them are uneducated where most of the people don’t know how to vote and why voting is done. At the age of eighteen no body is matured, no body is interested in politics, and if they have a right to vote they may not able to judge who the correct person to vote is. This may cause wrong person to be elected .He might only do the things which are beneficial to him and not beneficial to any other people.
At the age of eighteen people may not have any idea about the politics and politicians, since in our country most of the population is in rural areas. Politicians go to the rural areas to attract the people there. There, the people just believe them blindly and vote them without even thinking whether what they are doing is right or wrong. In these cases it is not correct to make right to vote at the age of eighteen and hence it should be increased.
If the age of right to vote is increased. People are more matured than they are at eighteen and they have some information about politics, why voting is done. They wont believe any politician blindly, they vote to the person who they think might be helpful to them. Then the politicians cannot take the advantage of rural people. This is a good sign for the country and the people living in the country.
Hence I conclude that the age for voting should be increased to Twenty two years old.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sup everyone, stunning chat board I have found It amply accessible & its helped me a great deal
I hope to contribute & assist other people like this website has helped me

_________________
[url=http://iphoneusers.com]iphone forum[/url]

Sunday, June 06, 2010 10:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy i'm fresh to this, I stumbled upon this board I find It truly helpful & its helped me a lot. I hope to contribute and guide other people like its helped me.

Cheers, See Ya About.

Monday, June 07, 2010 3:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally the future of no danger smoking is here! It looks, feels & tasts like a real cigarette but it's not a traditional cigarette. It's called an e cigarette People who already have experienced this incredible smokeless device are suprised by it's performance which contains No Tar,Ash,Odor or Secondhand Smoke.

[URL=http://www.electroniccig.com][B]electric cigarette[/B][/URL]

Sunday, June 13, 2010 4:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
We are very happy to announce the membership pre-registration drive of AllDayGiveaways.Com!
To begin our membership drive, we are offering a free 16gb WiFi iPad contest. It is free to enter - just pre-register at www.alldaygiveaways.com.

[URL=http://www.alldaygiveaways.com][B]free sweepstakes[/B][/URL]

Monday, June 14, 2010 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i'm fresh to this, I hit upon this message board I find It amply helpful & it's helped me loads. I should be able to give something back and support other users like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See Ya Later.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Happening im new here, I came upon this chat board I have found It quite helpful and it has helped me out a lot. I hope to contribute and help others like its helped me.

Cheers all, Catch You About.

Thursday, June 17, 2010 8:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i am fresh on here. I came accross this message board I find It incredibly helpful & its helped me out tons. I should be able to contribute and help other users like its helped me.

Thanks, See Ya About.

Friday, June 18, 2010 12:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Happening i am fresh on here. I hit upon this message board I find It very helpful and it's helped me a great deal. I should be able to give something back & aid other users like it has helped me.

Thanks a load, See Ya Later.

Saturday, June 19, 2010 5:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi-ya im fresh here. I hit upon this board I have found It amply helpful and it's helped me so much. I hope to contribute & guide others like its helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around

Monday, June 21, 2010 1:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's Up every one, cool message board I find It positively useful and it has helped me a lot
I hope to give something back & support others like this board has helped me

Monday, June 21, 2010 8:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i'm new here, I hit upon this board I have found It very helpful & its helped me out so much. I hope to give something back and guide others like its helped me.

Thanks Everyone, Catch You About.

Monday, June 21, 2010 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey im new to this. I hit upon this message board I have found It vastly helpful & it's helped me out tons. I hope to give something back and guide other users like it has helped me.

Thank You, See Ya About.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog comments powered by Disqus